Sunday, January 7, 2018

Fresh Start

Happy 2018.

The goal I pursue is the prize of God's upward call in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 3.14 

As I sat down to write out all my goals that I like to obtain in this New Year, I reflected back on years prior. I keep every year of things I set out to do, so referencing back helps me to see where I am out. As I looked through the last 5 years, Loving God and Loving others was always on the top. It still is for this New Year.  So I say to you what is your goal or goals for 2018? Whatever goals you've made for the New Year, let me suggest to you putting God at the top of that list. Let this be your year of a Fresh Start with the Lord. 

God first in everything. 

I've learned that whatever you do first is most powerful in your life. In Genesis 1v1 it says In the beginning "God" created the heavens and the earth. Which clearly means God made it known He is to be first. I know this might be hard for you, but keep it simple. When you wake up in the morning, before you do anything start with 5 minutes by thanking Him for waking you up. If you have access to music than play a worship song and just sing to Him. The next 5 minutes you can pray which is simply talking to Him. And the last 5 minutes you can read a chapter of the Bible. This is just a suggestion for you to get on a path to put Him first. As you develop a discipline because you Love Him you will find that your time with Him will grow. 

Let your First Love be Jesus this New Year. Let Him use you in anyway He so desires. He knows what is best for you. I prayerfully and bountifully thank God for you all. 

May your 2018 be filled with freshness of the Living waters that only Jesus can give. He is crazy in Love with you and wants to do incredible things in and through your life. He has so much for you, I promise! 

You are worth respecting, knowing and more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. Step out into a fresh start of all the beautiful things God wants to give you and that is promised to you in His word. It's a beautiful thing.

Life is a gift. Give it to the Giver of Life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment