Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Scavenger Hunt

A scavenger hunt in case your not familiar is a party game, an outdoor game in which participants have to collect a number of miscellaneous objects on a list created by the organizer. It's actually fun. The last time I played was with friends on St. Augustine Beach until recently I played the game with God. Back in St. Augustine I just had my girl scout knowledge and a determination to win, but this time around I had my Bible and prayer. I took this journey led by God completely, nobody knew about it. But the thing was I told God I will do these things to disprove what He was telling me was true. Like in the movie God's not Dead, the devout Christian student must prove the existence of God to his professor, I was set out to disprove not God but things about myself that He was telling me. It's like is that me God? Or is that you speaking? God gave me His list of items to do and not to do. I followed intently with prayer and my Bible. A journey that I may share one day, but for now it remains with God and I. This invested time for eternity sake proved to be one of the most beautiful in awe times in my life with God. He revealed way more than I was asking for about myself, others and life. But He is like that as the Bible tells us in Ephesians 3:20- Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we can ask or think. 

Today you sit on your bunk hanging with your bunky or at chow or your the one at work in the free world reading this. This message is for you today. God loves you. God is crazy madly in love with you. But God wants to hear from you, it's been way too long. He misses you. Your struggles have been more than He ever wanted for you and He has never been blind to them. He has been relentlessly seeking you with His Love. Will you consider today to take your own scavenger hunt with the Lord? Will you consider investing sometime in with Him to draw closer to Him? The girl reading this in confinement, you can do this too, just start by talking to Him. If your not sure about all this, perhaps take the rest of November and thank God each day for something. He is worthy to be praised and thanked. I promise you if you take the time to hang with God you will be refreshed with clarity, liberty, boldness, sensitivity, insight and free from all the petty worries around you that will not matter in the bigger picture. I pray in Jesus Name you wait no longer and start today! I'm believing for you and if nobody has told you lately, you are loved and special. Your so special that He only created one you. Be yourself and if you think of it, look up, God is an amazing artist, literally the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment