Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Judge & The Jury Box



When I was 14 years old I went to youth hall which is like a jail for kids. I was placed there for something I didn't do. After about two months the Judge placed me in a half way girls home for about a month. This was my first experience with judges and it started a fear cycle in my life. This person was able to take away my freedom.

Many years later I got involved with a guy who went to jail and prison many times for stealing large amounts of money from places like fast food chains to banks to bakeries to neighbors. He also had a drug problem. I was in and out of courts with him and felt that fear once again of a judge having that control over his freedom and well mine too.

Then years later I married Steve. I spent literally over 10 years as his paralegal, counsel and the Pro Se behind the scene. I had no peace as with each court hearing something else happened or didn't happen and once again at the mercy of a judge. The fear grew deep within even though I was not the subject at hand, just entering into a court room or the thought of one made me full of fear and to be honest literally sick.

I knew my fears yet I didn't think it was something that was a big deal in my life since court hearings eventually end. However, the end still leaves you with yourself. In January of 2012 I got a summons for Jury Duty back in Miami. I had them numerous times in the past and dealt with it. This time I was so fear stricken that when Steve asked me what I wanted for valentine's I told him get me out of going to jury duty. I was at the end of recovering from knee surgery so it was all good and I was back happy, but yet nothing was really resolved within my heart.  

On August 1, 2013 we moved to Davenport and within in a few months I got a jury notice as seen in the picture above. I began crying out to God for help. That fear rose up and I knew I was in total bondage of a Judge who really was just a man or a woman. I fasted and God showed me that they are just people. They sleep, eat, get dressed just like me. I am no different than them and He created them like me. He also reminded me that if I could kneel and fall on my face with Him I could stand up to any giant in my life. I reported for Jury Duty, feeling better but still somewhat uneasy. Out of the pool of 500 of course I was one of the ones selected for a jury questioning. As I began to enter the courtroom my name was called separate from everyone else... of course it was...I was placed in the "Jury Box". This is the place where they asked you more questions than the other perspective jurors. After it was over I had a peace come over me and I believed I was totally free of the fear of man. 

God put me to the test in 2016 when I was placed in Federal Court and had no fear and won the case in the middle of 2017! A true David and Goliath story. So I said all that to say this. There are many of you that are in fear of man or the judge in your case because they hold your future. Please hear me..only GOD holds your future. He is the one that no matter what you've done or haven't done He loves you and He goes before you. DO NOT place a judge or a person above GOD! He is the only One that holds your future and when you place your trust in Him you will find peace and be kept safe.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25. 

Today, honestly I have zero fear of man. God has made me totally strong in my weakness because I have placed my trust in Him and Him alone. He is in control no matter what. I pray if you struggle with a judge with pending court hearings or with your boss, your family and friends whoever that you too will lay it down and let Him free you in Jesus Name. Whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I promise you that He will free you as He did me! And just so you know...I'm thankful for God pushing me past what I couldn't handle in that Jury Box because now I only fear out of Love the Judge on The Throne. 



No comments:

Post a Comment