Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Providence in Providence-Way Cool

O LORD that hast searched me, and known me. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. - Psalm 139:1-2.

Did you know that God cares about every detail of your life? Literally He does. From the smallest thing, to the biggest thing and everything in between.  
Two days ago I had the most breathtaking experience with God. Like you I'm struggling with many different things, nobody has a perfect life. It doesn't matter where your at, nobody has a perfect life. 
And like who wants to have a perfect life anyway? Seriously. 
Anyway, I was spending time with God as one of the worst storms was hoovering over my city of Davenport. Shortly after the storm passed the most beautiful like ever double rainbow appeared in my backyard. I can't even begin to express what I felt experiencing this beyond vivid in colors, rainbow. I was literally out of breath. I could hardly breath. It will go down in history for me as the most beautiful awe struck experience 
I've had with God in the sky :) 

Then shortly after I read a devotional about Queen Esther.
- Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this? 
- Esther 4:14

I'm not saying the "rainbow" was about this, but it was a beautiful reminder that 
God is with me, like you and He is in control. He is Sovereign. 
He literally told the rainbow where to go, like for real. 
What does all this mean? Providence. Just like with Esther.

I Love what Dr. David Jeremiah wrote about Providence.  
The word providence refers to the foreseeing, guiding, protecting, and rearranging hand of God on the history of the world and on our personal lives. America's Founding Fathers leaned heavily on the doctrine of providence. According to several historians, George Washington's mother would read to him from Esther 4, emphasizing Mordecai's question to Esther: "Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Young Washington absorbed the understanding that God controls events, placing us where and when He wants. As his life unfolded, Washington spoke repeatedly of providence. He talked about the "favorable interposition" of God's providence, the "ordering of a kind of Providence, " and "the hand of Providence" that spared America as a nation. How remarkable that the same hand that guides the course of history also directs the circumstances of the lives of His children. Joseph was a man who yielded his life to the providential plan of God, and he became blessed and greatly used. God is in control of the tides of time; let Him also order the days of your life. A superintending Providence is ordering everything for the best- and, that in due time, all will end well. 
George Washington, in a letter dated October 27, 1777.

Amazing! 
Providence.

So will you yield to God's plan for you life? 
If it takes you away from God it isn't His plan for your life. 
Maybe this is your time to submit your will to the Lord's and accept 
Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

"Once you have been to the Cross, you will never be the same."
-Billy Graham

The choice is yours of course. God is so very good and He Loves you so much. 
Love will always be the answer. Jesus is the answer. Yes He is :)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
- 3 John 4

If you find yourself in prison or in the free world reading these words, just know that you can truly be free in Jesus no matter where your at. You might not have your freedom yet, but you are free in Him. 
Your circumstances don't dictate your freedom or if He is good, God is good period. 
Your Loved and I pray today is your day to turn to Him. 
And by the way, the rainbow was Providence and I live in Providence, 
way cool how God works. 

I'm still in awe.

Love goes on Forever. 
Love Never Fails.
- 1 Corinthians 13:8




No comments:

Post a Comment