Thursday, February 7, 2019

First Love


Happy February, with this being the "Love" month I thought it would be fitting to share with you the 
Love of Jesus. 
For God so Loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish by have eternal life. -John 3:16

I totally believe with all my heart that "before" we can have Love from another or give it to another we first need to receive it from the source of Love, which is God. God is Love. And He sent his Son Jesus for us. Once you receive Jesus Love and He becomes your "First Love" He will fill you with His Love and that is when we are able to give it to others. If you don't receive His Love first, you can't possibly Love another the way God wants you to. At best it's Love that is self-seeking at the core. We received Jesus by faith, like completely and so our Love for one another is the same. There is no agenda. There is no motive, it's pure. It's unconditional. Why? Because His Love is freely given, so we do the same. Your true identity is in Jesus, no one else. It's not in your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, pastor, mom, dad, kids, your job, your money, your weight, nothing but in Him. All you need is His Love. Sure, we all want that "True Love" that kind of Love that will Love you no matter what and never leave you, but unless it's Love that comes from God it's better to remain in His Love, because it's truly enough.  Please don't ever settle for anything less than God's best for you. When you fall in Love with Jesus and He is truly your first Love, He will let the right one come in and that right one will Love Jesus.  His life will reflect Jesus in all He does. 
He will be like King David, "A man after God's own heart."

Stay with God, take heart, don't quit, I'll say it again; stay with God. -Psalm 27:14
Is anything to hard for the Lord? -Genesis 18:14

Pray for your future spouse if you desire one. 
"Righteousness and peace kiss each other.
His mouth is most sweet, Yes he is altogether lovely, 
This is my Beloved And this is my friend. -Song of Solomon 5:16

I Love these lyrics from a song called 
"More" by Matthew West.

Take a look at the mountain 
Stretching a mile high
Take a look at the ocean
Far as your eye can see
And think of me
Take a look at the desert
Do you feel like a grain of sand?
I am with you wherever 
Where you go is where I am
And I'm always thinking of you
Take a look around your
I'm spelling it out one by one
I Love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine and you shine for me too
I Love you
Yesterday
And today
And tomorrow
I'll say it again and again
I Love you more
Just a face in the city
Just a tear on a crowded street
But you are one in a million
And you belong to me
And I want you to know
I'm not letting go
Even when you come undone
I Love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mind and you shine for me too
I Love you
Yesterday
And today
And tomorrow
I'll say it again and again
I Love you more
I Love you more
And I see you
And I made you
And I Love you more than you can imagine
More than you can fathom
I Love you more than the sun
And you shine for me

How beautiful! Just Love, Love, Love but first Love Jesus, and keep Him your First Love no matter what. 
God will give you the desires of your heart if you delight yourself in Him. -Psalm 37:4
Dreams DO come true. Why? Because only He could give such Love. Wait for it. True Love Waits.

"Love Never Fails in Jesus Name"

No comments:

Post a Comment