Thursday, April 7, 2016

True Love


Written by: Cenia Means Masterson

While most people today would define love as a feeling, Jesus Christ defines it quite differently. 

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: 


Jesus defines love for Him as obedience to Him. We may say that we love Jesus, but our lifestyle will reveal whether our love is really true or not. True love is the perfect love that motivated Jesus to surrender His back to the beating and His life to the cross for us. 


Joh 15:13-14 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 


Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
He asks nothing more and deserves nothing less than our love in return, but the love He asks for, the love He is worthy of, isn’t just lip service. It is life service. 


Luk 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Will we deny the passions and pleasures of sin for a season to live a life of obedience and full devotion to Him or do we love self more than Jesus? Jesus asked Simon Peter a simple question that we, who claim to love Him, should ask ourselves as well.

John 21:16 Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me?
Do we?

No comments:

Post a Comment